Sunday, 31 August 2014

12 Tags of 2014 - August

Hi All

What a month, had a fab holiday in the US, Las Vegas, San Francisco and New York, my daughter's 18th birthday and her A level results and the realisation she is going to university in 20 days time!!!!
And breathe!

It's no wonder I'm a little late with my attempt at the tag for this month but here we go.

As I haven't had much of this this month, I chose a Time theme.  I stamped the two sentiments with archival ink, both are from Tim's stamp sets and then stencilled some 'coffee rings' using grunge paste and an unidentified stencil I found in one of my boxes.

Once the paste had dried I used dusty concord, shaded lilac and broken china distress stain to marble the tag and to filled in the gaps with a little more broken china.  A brisk rub with dusty concord and a distress tool around the edges and the colour was done.   I like the way the grunge paste resists the ink to a degree giving a faded look to the 'coffee rings'.   Any stain left on the non-stick craft sheet was mopped up with some seam binding.

I die cut the Weathered Clock from Engraving Art copper board and rubbed with Tim's sanding tool to reveal the metallic copper core.  The good times banner is some acetate that I put through an embossing machine with the Authentic set of shadow press words.  I then rubbed black soot distress paint across and wiped off the excess so the word popped out.  This was then attached to the tag with staples.

I painted an Ideaology word band with some dusty concord distress paint, again wiping off the excess and attached with some twine.  The seam binding that I dyed earlier was tied in a bow at the top.

Whew, what a month.  I don't think September is going to be any less busy but that's life!


Friday, 22 August 2014

CC3C - Challenge 9

Hi all,

This challenge was frames stamps and framelits.  I was quite relieved that this did not come up sooner as I've only just received my sets so ever onwards....

I used the Compass Blueprint set for my tag.  I used water colour card and coloured it using the wrinkle free distress technique and colours spun sugar, faded jeans and peacock feathers.  I then edged the card with faded jeans and a blending tool to give a bit of depth.  I then used a spritzer to add splotches of dusty concord around the outer part of the card.

I then stamped the compass using black archival ink so that the image went slightly off the card.  I then used the required technique to get the centre of the compass in both textured silver card and gold mirri card.  These were then decoupaged onto the water colour card.

The text was stamped onto a piece of scrap card with the outline and die cut in the same way and mounted onto the card with 3D foam.  A key with the word Life was sewn to the card.   To give the water colour card more definition  I went round the edges with a silver Krylon pen.  The water colour card was mounted onto a tag that had been edged with dusty concord.

A pointing hand from a Tim Holtz ephemera pack was added to the top of the tag with 3D foam.  I then coloured some seam binding with the same inks as the card and added a loop of ribbon to the top of the tag.

Whew that was a bit of a rush as we have been on holiday till Thursday, in America so lots of new inspiration, so I wasn't sure I'd get it done in time.  Well here it is hope you like it.

As usual thanks to Linda for hosting this lovely crafty extravaganza, look here for some fantastic examples from the crafty crew and to Inspiration Emporium for sponsoring the challenge.


Wednesday, 6 August 2014

CC3C Challenge 8

Hi all,

Challenge 8 is the faded layers from page 58 of the Compendium of Curiosities.  This always challenges me as I'm not sure is I'm getting it right but here goes!

I coloured the coated card with currant, terra cotta and raisin alcohol ink then used the Tim Holtz stencil crocodile to produce the faded layer effect.  This was then echoed on the other side of the card with picket fence distress stain.  The dragonfly blueprint stamp and the small butterfly stamps were stamped in black archival.  The wings of the stamped dragonfly were coloured with a mixture of citrus and sail boat blue alcohol inks.

The large dragonfly was cut from textured silver card using the Tim Holtz die layered dragonfly and coloured with the citrus and sailboat blue alcohol ink as before. The wings of the dragonfly were cut from acetate using the same die and embossed using the corresponding embossing folder then coloured with the same alcohol inks.

The body was some some 'novelty' stickers I had in my stash and I like the oil on water look they had.

I finished with the sentiment and a word band from Idea-ology.  I swiped the band with picket fence distress stain to pick out the words and cleaned off the excess, then attached it using some pink twine.

Thanks to The Funkie Junkie for sponsoring this challenge and of course to Linda for starting this creative madness in the first place! Such Fun!