Tuesday 23 September 2014

12 Tags of 2014 - September

Hi all,

This months tag is to do the faded background technique in a different way, see Tim Holtz blog for the method.  I think this is easier and gives a better effect with paler colours.


I used the Harlequin stencil and aqua alcohol ink then overstamped the images. The raindrops are from a Sheena Douglas stamp set and I used the second generation image as I didn't want them to be too dark.  The large raindrops were punched from a piece of card coloured with red pepper, purple twilight and sunset orange alcohol ink with a little gold mixative.

I mounted the glossy card onto a tag and carried on stamping the raindrop stamp onto edge then went round with walnut stain distress ink.  The large raindrops were attached with foam pads for a bit of dimension and the tag was finished off with some string that I frayed after knotting it.

Lyn

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful take of Tim's tag, love the aqua background, soft and airy

    ReplyDelete