Sunday 9 November 2014

12 Tags of 2014 - November

Hi All

First of all Thanks to all those people who visited my blog and especially to those who commented.  Having just about got over the shock of being chosen last month, (my husband scraped me off the ceiling!)  its time to do the next tag for November.  This is an autumnal tag using those lovely rich fiery colours.


I smooshed spiced marmalade, barn door, crushed olive and rusty hinge distress paints onto my craft sheet and spritzed with water and then dragged my tag through the paint, as I got a bit carried away with the amount of paint I had enough for three tags so some for another project.  Once the paint was dry I used the speckles stencil to put some versa mark ink onto the tag then used the sticky clear embossing powder to get some sticky patches on the tag and then rubbed the gold transfer foil onto the sticky patches.

The tag was then embossed with the embossing folder from the layered leaf, with a little vintage photo ink on the folder before embossing to give a bit of shadow.

Having just had a delivery yesterday I happened to have a cardboard box that I could grab to alter, usually my husband is the recycling ogre and nothing is allowed to stay in the house if its not to be used immediately.  I have hidden the rest of the box just incase I need some more cardboard, shh! don't tell him!  I stripped off some of the surface of the cardboard and then inked with walnut stain distress ink.  I then splattered with both the walnut stain and tarnished brass distress sprays.  I love these sprays but I don't half make a mess!  I then cut the tattered leaf from the cardboard.

Having gone round the aperture with walnut stain distress ink I glued cardboard, centering  the aperture over the embossed leaf on the tag and cut the cardboard to match the tag.  I then went round the edges and some of the exposed ridges with some Pebeo empire gold gilding wax for a subtle sheen.

I then looked at the leaf that had been cut from the cardboard and couldn't bear not to use it, so I inked with a little spiced marmalade and barn door distress stain to give a hint of colour.  I wanted it to look like a leaf that had been lying on the ground for a few days.  I then put it in the embossing folder,   having swiped with burnished brass distress stain first, and embossed it.  The stain gave the type of sheen you get from some woodland moulds.  I then attached it to the bottom of my tag as if it had just fallen there.

To finish the tag I added some twine to the hole at the top and some remnant rubs, then wound some glitter twine round the tag with a philosophy tag attached.  A little bit of picket fence distress stain on the tag made the word a little easier to read and some gold bead string was added.

I love the colours of Autumn but hate the fact that the wet and windy weather is not far away.  I think I'll just stay indoors and craft, seems good to me.

Lyn

1 comment: