Wednesday 14 January 2015

12 Tags of 2015 - January

Hi all,

A new year a new set of tags,  how exciting especially with all the glorious new things Tim Holtz has been tempting us with in his teasers from the CHA show.  Will my bank balance survive, I want it all!

My husband, who has a strange sense of humour (to say the least!), has titled my January tag 'The Hole of Time'  Hmm well see what you think........


I followed the instructions on Tim's blog to prepare the background using some Postale tissue wrap and seedless preserves and salty ocean distress paint.  When the tag was completely dry I used a round die to cut the hole off centre, I really like the way the background came out so I'm keeping the cut piece to use on another project.

Using gold mirri card I die cut the weathered clock but not a whole one as I only needed about half.  I distressed the card with my idea-ology sander and dabbed black alcohol ink over the die cut, trying not to get a solid black finish, I wanted it to look patchy.  Where the mirrored coating had come off the card the ink went a lot darker than on the mirrored surface, great.  I then stuck the weathered clock round the hole on the tag.

Using some of the chitchat stickers I added some words that I hope will symbolise the year to come and added some black shading using a black soot distress marker and my finger, (inky fingers again, nothing new there then!).  The cloak face was from a Chocolate Baroque stamp set called Steampunkery, I love this set for its really quirky images. The clock face was cut out using a slightly smaller circle die and smooched through some seedless preserves and salty ocean distress ink on my craft mat.  When it was dry I added a thin strip of acetate across the back of the clock and the tag to make the floating clock face.

The numbers are form the Signmaker alpha parts and I used tarnished brass distress stain for the 201 and antique linen for the number 5, once dry these were stuck to the tag.

A piece of cream seam binding was also smooched through the distress inks, dried and tied at the top to finish the tag.

Hope you like ti.

Lyn


No comments:

Post a Comment