Friday 27 February 2015

12 Tags of 2015 - February

Hi all

As the end of February rushes ever closer I suddenly realised that I had not done my tag for the month sooooo.....




Using papers from the French Industrial and Wallflower paper stashes and some tissue tape I made the background as per the instructions on Tim's Blog.  I added the special delivery and the pointing finger from the Ephemera pack, Expedition, and cut a round postmark from one of the papers in the French Industrial stash.  I edged with black soot distress ink then covered the whole piece with glue and seal, matte.  Once this was dry I covered the whole piece with picket fence distress paint, and sealed it again with the glue and seal once the paint was dry.

To make my heart I used Tim's die Heart Wings and cut the heart from felt.  My sewing machine is buried under a mountain of 'stuff' so I decided to hand stitch the heart.  Once I had finished the stitching I added some walnut stain distress ink as the felt was VERY bright!  I then hand stitched the heart to the tag.  I also found a small crown in one of my boxes of assorted bits and bobs so I added picket fence distress paint to the surface, wiped off the excess and added it to the top of the heart.


To add my sentiment I used a small stamp for the words and found another for a scribble and stamped straight onto the tag using archival ink.  I then added one of the Idea-ology pen nibs with a little black alcohol ink on the tip to look as if that had been the pen that added the sentiment.


Once everything was dry I used my Tim Holtz distressing tool, love this little gadget, around the edges and added some walnut stain distress ink.  To finish the tag I spritzed some black soot distress ink around the nib and over the rest of the tag.

Lyn

1 comment: