Friday 13 March 2015

Tags of 2015 - March

Hi all

Spring has sprung, the daffodils are coming out and the birds are all twittering very loudly....don't you just love it!  Here in the UK we even had some sunshine the other day, just a little - lets not get carried away here.

So, the tag for March, I liked the colour scheme and stamp that Tim used so much I decided to do a very similar tag of my own.


After adding pieces of tissue tape to the tag I splodged peeled pain, salty ocean, seedless preserves and barn door distress paint onto my craft mat and added a spritz of water then dragged the tag through the paint to colour it and dried it with a heat gun.

The butterfly was then stamped and embossed as per the instructions on Tim's blog.  I used the Splatters stencil to add the texture paste and, after adding the gold embossing powder, left it to dry.  After heating the embossing powder I used the remaining paint on the craft sheet to colour some ribbon.

I added some tarnished brass distress paint to a word bar and attached it to the tag with some twine.  The metal butterfly is one I found in my stash, I used some silver Pebeo gilding wax on the edges and added some gems for a little more bling.


I made a messy bow from the dyed ribbon, then added an Idea-ology enamelled tag and a metal leaf to a rusty safety pin and attached it to the bow.  The sentiment on the enamelled tag is from the Botanical remnant rubs and I added a little alcohol ink to the tag too.


All I had to do then was add a little walnut stain distress ink round the edges to finish my tag.

Lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment