Wednesday 29 April 2015

Tags of 2015 - April

Hi all,

What a month, its no wonder I'm almost too late for the April tag but, here we go.


Having cut the water colour card I stamped the steampunk flowers, Punky Flowers from Chocolate Baroque, using black archival ink.

I spritzed with water and, using mermaid lagoon, peacock feathers and ripe persimmon distress pen and the distress marker spritzer, I created my background. The flowers were coloured with vintage photo, fired brick, tea dye, and wild honey distress markers and blended with a water brush.  A final spattering of black soot distress ink finished the water colour panel.

I distressed the tag using a paper distresser and inked round the edges with walnut stain distress ink.
I then stamped the word punk using the Stampers Anonymous set Worn Text and black archival ink.  I then created a flap to push the panel through.  Once the panel was attached I added a couple of cogs to the bridge.  I used the Alpha Parts, Signmaker, to add the word steam above the bridge.

The ribbon is 1/2 inch seam binding and coloured with rusty hinge and wild honey distress ink and then blended with water.  Once dry I tied a bow through the hole at the top.

To complete the tag I hand stitched round the water colour panel with black embroidery thread.

Whew, just made it!

Lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment