Thursday 19 June 2014

12 tags of 2-14 - June

Hi all,

This months tag for the 12 tags of 2014 is using the blended watercolour effect with stencils.  A lovely soft look great with shabby distress.

I decided to go with a time theme as I seem to be very short of it at the moment.  My daughter is finishing her A level exams, she was in a drama school production of Little Shop of Horrors (which finished on Tuesday...it was phenomenal!!!) and is now looking forward to going to university so time is slipping away far too fast, anyway I digress, as usual!




I used the clockwork stencil and inked it with peacock feathers, dusty concord and worn lipstick distress inks and printed the image onto some watercolour paper.  I trimmed the paper to get the nicest bit of the print and tore the top and bottom edges for a more shabby look.  I the used walnut stain distress ink round the tag to highlight the torn edges and added a little scattered straw and tumbled glass distress ink in the middle.


The clock die cut is from Tattered Lace and is actually a grandfather clock but I only wanted the top of it so I cut off the case and then added the hands to the clock face.  A little Pebeo Empire Gold gilding wax was rubbed over the surface to bring out the embossing.  I stamped the 'T' from the Stampers Anonymous stamp set Classics 15 with black archival ink and added a few of the mini gears from ideology.

The ribbon is American seam binding died with dusty concord, peacock feathers and worn lipstick distress inks and I added a pocket watch I found in my stash.  To complete I inked round the tag with walnut stain distress ink and attached the watercolour paper topper to it.

Hope you like it, thanks for stopping by.

Lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment