Tuesday, 15 July 2014

CC3C - Challenge 6

Hi all,

This challenge was to use the burlap panels, see page 37.  This was a little difficult as I only had the pack of four small ones and wanted to use a larger panel (I'm a woman and its my duty to be difficult!).  Well I ordered some of the 4x6inch panels and I'm still waiting for the delivery, any hoo!

I used one of the small rectangle panels and some rather nice roses that I found in my stash:

I covered the front and part of the sides with  Melange tissue wrap from Idea-ology, then covered one corner with gesso and left this to almost dry.  When there were just a few damp patches I wiped the gesso with a baby wipe to give a little more texture.  I stamped the image from the Tim Holtz stampers anonymous set classics 14 onto tissue with archival ink.  I then used distress pens to scribble some ink on to my craft sheet, I used spun sugar, shaded lilac and scattered straw.  I spritzed with water as I just wanted a hint of colour and smooshed the tissue into the ink puddle then dried with a heat gun.

I then glued it to the panel using IndigoBlu Slap It On matte and also put a layer over the tissue to seal it.  A light dusting of walnut stain distress ink round the outside aged it a little.  The roses were also dusted with walnut stain distress ink and glued to the panel.  I cut some leaves from dark green card and inked them using versa mark champagne sparkle ink and covered them in clear embossing powder, and stuck them between the roses.  The stems of the roses that I had cut off were twisted round a wooden skewer to make spirals and glued under the roses.

Thanks to Linda for hosting this challenging event and to Funkie Junkie Boutique for sponsoring this particular challenge.

Hope you like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment