I've decided that now I've got to 50 and a half (55) I'm going to try all those things I've not done yet. One of those things is having a blog. I don't even have a Facebook page cos if I want to speak to someone I'll ring them or pop round. Then I thought I sound like my Mum who doesn't even like texting so here we go!
I decided to have a go at one of the tags for 2014. My interpretation is with a rather more vibrant colour scheme so here it is:
I used spiced marmalade, spun sugar and scattered straw distress stain for the background and then applied some tissue tape. I then coloured the tape with wild honey distress ink.
I die cut the trellis and covered it with some of the french industrial paper stash. In hind sight it may have been easier to attach the paper first then die cut but I have never done things the easy way!
The flowers were made using the tattered florals die. I stained a sheet of paper that already had script printed on it with spiced marmalade and scattered straw distress ink then cut three each of the large and small flowers. Using Hels Sheridans method for making paper roses I made the flowers up and dipped them into clear UTEE in the melt pot. (Love the melt pot, just did a workshop with Hels and am back in love with this little magic pot!)
The leaves are from the large sprig on the garden greens die which it chopped into small pieces and crumpled up, then dipped into the UTEE.
These were added to the tag along with a couple of musical notes and a treble clef cut from black card.
The tad was finished with walnut stain distress ink around the edges to highlight the centre of the tag and a piece of jute ribbon secured with a square brad.
There you have it, I enjoyed making this so I hope someone likes it.